Team Lead- Process Engineering
Degree in B.E / B.Tech (Mechanical/Production) with 8-10 years of experience in automotive/auto component industry preferably in Sheet Metal/Fabrication domain
TLA is looking for candidates who can develop, implement, monitor and maintain efficient manufacturing processes and workflow, for assembly products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluates & decides manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; designing and conducting analysis on floor; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians on processes relating to new product.
- Develops working instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed while liaising with production planner/scheduler for ensuring the released products have adequate BOM and routings
- Improves continually existing operation, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings. Provides manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and identifies ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment with justification /revised work flow / space requirements /equipment relay out.
- Investigates operational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Work with design engineering team on DFX (design for excellence) to include:
- Design for cost
- Design for test
- Design for manufacturability
- Design for assembly
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop