CBU Yard Management & Handling
- It’s situated outside the four walls of a warehouse, a functional holding ground for Completely Built Unit ( CBU) – Finished Vehicles , waiting to load in the container
- It is the trailer yard, the conduit between transportation logistics ( Containerization / Sea Sailing ) and warehouse management.
- TLA follows a proven approach to streamline and optimize yard activity; overcome challenges; and maintain the efficient, timely movement of equipment, inventory, and labor resources by:
- Establishing user-defined priorities to ensure optimal movement throughout the yard.
- Adjusting priorities in response to variations in receiving and shipping volumes.
- Developing key performance indicators that continuously improve the quality, efficiency, and accuracy of yard operations through data capture of each trailer’s “life cycle” and position in the yard.
- Maximizing efficiency and visibility by using technologies to facilitate trailer tracking and gate processes.
- Accommodating unique yard footprints, road access, material flows, and local operating constraints.
- TLA incorporates the above approach into our tailored yard management solutions, from site design and receipt of schedule, to how trailers check in and out, and demurrage control.